?

Log in

No account? Create an account
 

A Misplaced Mechanic - Sages of Chaos: Wisdom from the Multiverse

About A Misplaced Mechanic

Previous Entry A Misplaced Mechanic Jun. 10th, 2008 @ 12:10 am Next Entry
Leave a comment
[User Picture Icon]
From:oriana_pax
Date:June 10th, 2008 03:21 pm (UTC)
(Link)
"I'd say about eight. Depending on what I did that day," says a tall blond in red turtleneck and blue pants, fingering the tiny silver Autobot symbol she's wearing as a pendant. "And the best part of my job is Optimus."
[User Picture Icon]
From:l33tguardfodder
Date:June 10th, 2008 05:34 pm (UTC)

Hmm . . . This is new

(Link)
O_o Hmm. He hasn't seen anything like her before. Could she be an organic? He starts a scan. In the meantime, he might as well 'humor' it. Luckily, he hasn't spent a lot of time around "Suspicious Sentinel" and his 'OhtheAllsparkWhattheSlagGetitoffmeSanitize!' behavior and is only being mildly cautious around her. He may know that most of the organic junk is just junk, but there were still those stories.

Eight. Eight, what? Cycles? mega-cycles? solar cycles? stellar cycles? She was talking about 'days,' but what was that suppose to mean? Man, his tired processor was giving him a hard time.

"I'm sorry, 'eight'?" he finally asks.

Optimus, Optimus. That sounded familiar. Even with the energon he just consumed, he couldn't get his processor to connect. Now his processor had two things to figure out.

"Oh really. And why is that," then he added, remembering that he probably should mind his manners in this strange place, "if I may ask?"
[User Picture Icon]
From:oriana_pax
Date:June 10th, 2008 07:40 pm (UTC)

Re: Hmm . . . This is new

(Link)
For reasons no one's been able to figure out yet, she scans as organic. As human, in fact, though she's neither.

She looks up from giving the immediate area a quick scan of her own. Then blinks. "Sorry, I answered before I engaged my processor fully. Technically, since I charge from whatever light is available, I can go indefinitely. But you were talking about the recharge cycle of mechanical shells, right?"

Then she smiles slightly and points to where a three foot tall chibi mech is having an earnest conversation with a stray Pokemon. "He's a cheery little bot, and it's hard not to be affected by it."


((Here's hoping that made sense. Oriana's not the only one that didn't engage her processor before she talked 0_o))
[User Picture Icon]
From:l33tguardfodder
Date:June 10th, 2008 08:27 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Well, he's never actually met a human. Heck, he's never actually seen an organic up close. Most 'bots in his universe haven't. So he's not too happy with the scan's result. The only reason he's not full out panicking is because of one of his comrades. However, he will watch her very closely and make sure she doesn't make any funny movements. As tall as he is, he could probably squish her if he needed to. (But only as a last resort, of course. He's still an Autobot)

"Uh," his tired processor takes a bit to think through that, "right."

He looks in the direction of where she pointed. Man, was that mech small. "Funny how that works."

((Gear's mun is tired today and is glad he's tired too, so he can be used as an excuse. His mun has also been having unusual typing accuracy problems.))
[User Picture Icon]
From:oriana_pax
Date:June 10th, 2008 08:46 pm (UTC)
(Link)
The little mech turns and runs to her, squealing happily as he's swung aloft and then perched on her hip.

Then he notices Gears and looks up at him with beeg blue optics. He'd probably be going :o if his face weren't battle mask style.

"Yes." The blond smiles and bounces the chibi a bit more, then looks up again herself. "This is Optimus, and I'm Oriana Pax. Is this your first time in the Nexus?"

"She's my twin sister," adds the chibi helpfully, his optics creasing into a ^_^
[User Picture Icon]
From:l33tguardfodder
Date:June 10th, 2008 09:21 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Optimus. Why was that keep sounding freaking familiar? Even his looks reminded him of someone. He just couldn't get his finger on it.

"Uh, pleasure to met you." He sounds a bit . . . distracted. "Nexus? Is that where this is? Yeah, never been here before."

"I'm sure she is," he mutters. Excuse him, he's tired.
[User Picture Icon]
From:oriana_pax
Date:June 10th, 2008 11:35 pm (UTC)
(Link)
"You didn't tell us your name," says Optimus, as Oriana tilts her head and gives Gears a quick rundown on Nexus quirks and safety measures.
[User Picture Icon]
From:l33tguardfodder
Date:June 11th, 2008 02:22 am (UTC)
(Link)
"Oh right." So much for not letting manners slip. "I'm, uh, sorry. My name's Gears."

Upon the explanation, Gears either gives Oriana a look like she's completely slightly crazy, or that his tired processor took in none of that. Mostly likely it's a case of both.
[User Picture Icon]
From:oriana_pax
Date:June 11th, 2008 02:32 am (UTC)
(Link)
"Gears!" Optimus brightens, but then meeps slightly as Oriana puts a hand over where his mouth would be, if he had one.

"Are you alright?" she asks the taller Mech.
[User Picture Icon]
From:l33tguardfodder
Date:June 11th, 2008 02:54 am (UTC)
(Link)
Okay, now he's creeped out. "Um. Hi. Yes, that is my name."

The look on his face remains for a couple seconds until that last part seeps in and he shakes his head as he returns to reality.

I'm sorry you're crazy. Coudld you repeat that so I can write that down and get you a shrink?

"I'm sorry, I'm a bit tired and my processor couldn't keep up. Could you explain that again?"
[User Picture Icon]
From:oriana_pax
Date:June 11th, 2008 03:13 am (UTC)
(Link)
She looks at him thoughtfully, and then only goes over the part about this being a hub between different realities.
[User Picture Icon]
From:l33tguardfodder
Date:June 11th, 2008 04:34 am (UTC)
(Link)
He falls silent again, but this time he's able to absorb the smaller input of information.

"Okay. That explains . . . a lot. Especially," he motions((Gah, can't think of the right word)) to the rest of the Nexus vaguely with the hand holding the empty energon cube, "all this."

Realizing he's still holding the cube, he shoves it into one of the compartments on his person, and begins to fiddle absently with the mug.

"So, theoretically, I could walk in here and encounter a creature with a bajillion legs and that spurts out both an entangle liquid and metal-corroding acid upon whatever poor mech it comes in contact with without ever actually stepping foot on its native planet?"

Yes, he was thinking about Sentinel when thought up that question, why do you ask?
[User Picture Icon]
From:oriana_pax
Date:June 11th, 2008 04:40 am (UTC)
(Link)
((Gestures?))

"Yes." She nods. "But it wouldn't be able to hurt you unless you gave it permission."
[User Picture Icon]
From:l33tguardfodder
Date:June 11th, 2008 04:56 am (UTC)
(Link)
((Yes! That is the freaking one! (Okay, may be not the exact one, but it works!) Man, I really hate brain-blanks))

Okay, he thinks he understands this 'hub' thing. However, she lost him at that "can't hurt you without your permission thing."

"Wait, how does that work?"
[User Picture Icon]
From:oriana_pax
Date:June 11th, 2008 05:18 am (UTC)
(Link)
"Unless you agree to fight with someone, they can't hurt you." She tucks some hair back into her messy ponytail. "I don't know the mechanics of it, but I know from experience that it works."

"Like when Blackout tried stompin' on you that time," notes Optimus, wide-opticked.


((XD *knows the feeling))
(Leave a comment)
Top of Page Powered by LiveJournal.com